Sometimes life throws you a curve ball.
Things blow up…. bad.
You get beaten up in your personal life and it starts to affect your chances at closing deals.
You have opportunities that demand finesse, skill, and talent — and you feel defeated and ready to quit.
Winning is more than about a notch on the belt. It pays the bills. Not succeeding is something you don’t want to consider….
So, what do you do? How do you put your life back together while not missing a career beat?
- Recognize that life dealt you a black eye. There is no use denying the obvious.
- Try to solve solvable life problems as soon as possible. Let go of your ego.
- Spend time “grinding” through the sales steps you know you need to get done. Send emails. Return calls.
- Set aside a few special minutes a day to focus on your sales goals. Focus on your dreams.
- Write down your scattered sales strategy thoughts throughout the days. Your mind has a lot going on so take the time to store your half-finished ideas on paper.
- Write your daily goals on a calendar and don’t let time commitments slide. Don’t let things that used to take 5 minutes take 30 minutes.
- Talk to someone that you trust and get the bad stuff out of your head. Telling yourself that you suck is not a super way to build confidence.
- Challenge yourself in a favorite hobby or through physical exercise. Take time for mastery.
- Take the first step toward your sales goal that day. Then another. Then another. Build momentum.
- Learn from the experience — about yourself, about how your customer might be feeling. Build empathy.
There’s probably more to this list than the points I have included. In fact, I am sure there is more to consider. The point is that life happens — and it hurts. You want the world to stop so you can heal and it won’t. It just runs you over again. Use these basic steps to stay “in the game” while your world works itself out.
Winning is not about removing problems that you can not control but about continuing in spite of them…
And a special event for The DEW View! community. Join me November 19th for a Masterclass about “Edgy Conversations: An Explosion of Opportunities”
Ever wonder how some sales executives land big deals with big players and you feel stuck chatting up the small guys about opportunities that will probably never happen. Do you want to get the attention of the right people? Do you want to see the number of opportunities you are working on explode? Learn how to have “Edgy Conversations”. Learn how to have conversations that matter….
I hope we can share a few minutes together…